"Then she leaves... with someone you don't know. But she makes sure you saw her as she looks right at you and bolts. And she walks out the door, your blood boiling; your stomach in ropes. Oh and your friends say, 'What is it? You look like you've seen a ghost!'"
Holy crap. I found this song a little while ago and I can't stop listening to it, even though it makes me alternate between feeling like crying and feeling somehow vindicated that leftover feelings from a long-ago relationship are not necessarily the worst thing in the world.
If it wasn't for a coworker's iTunes (a coworker who incidentally has terrible taste in music, despite the one redeeming quality of playing AC-DC's Big Gun over and over again because it pisses off our crackhead secretary) I never even would've heard of this song, and since I did hear it for the first time I haven't been able to stop listening to it. I can't even remember the last song that I could listen to a dozen times in a row like that. It got me thinking though, how many others are there out there that I haven't yet found?
It's very invigorating to have my "nothing new under the sun" philosophy knocked on its ass once in a while.
Now Playing: Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
Now Quoting: Airborne Toxic Event
Holy crap. I found this song a little while ago and I can't stop listening to it, even though it makes me alternate between feeling like crying and feeling somehow vindicated that leftover feelings from a long-ago relationship are not necessarily the worst thing in the world.
If it wasn't for a coworker's iTunes (a coworker who incidentally has terrible taste in music, despite the one redeeming quality of playing AC-DC's Big Gun over and over again because it pisses off our crackhead secretary) I never even would've heard of this song, and since I did hear it for the first time I haven't been able to stop listening to it. I can't even remember the last song that I could listen to a dozen times in a row like that. It got me thinking though, how many others are there out there that I haven't yet found?
It's very invigorating to have my "nothing new under the sun" philosophy knocked on its ass once in a while.
Now Playing: Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
Now Quoting: Airborne Toxic Event
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home